PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 16th Dec 2022, 22:08
DropYourSocks

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by bafanguy
While the JB TA rates are interesting, I'm not sure how much good that info does for E3s since to my knowledge JB hasn't taken any E3s.

Several contracts are under negotiation here but a limited number of them affect E3s.
Fair point, but both Spirit and Frontier take E3s, and will need to compete with JetBlue one way or another. Even though Frontier is still a ways out from their contract becoming amenable, I hear the pilot group is getting upset about a lack of movement on pay rates.

I think it's also healthy that these new rates etc get posted here. As a 1:1 comparison for equivalent jobs at home, it shows what an Australian based career should yield, and how successful the Joyce whipsaw has been over the last 14 years at destroying the Australian pilot career. The fact that the Q subsidiaries are played off against each other for concessions all while eating pay freezes is an absolute joke. Not to mention that QF proper failed to secure any form of real scope protections, and have had their flying whittled down to what it is today by said subsidiaries that sprang up on their watch.

In their defence though, the regional model in the US is only now starting to collapse, and with scope protections negotiated they will be difficult to bring back when the pendulum inevitably swings back in management's favour. Hopefully folks at home can learn from their US counterparts and put a stop to Joyce's whipsaw.