PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Raids Meatbombers.
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2004, 13:21
rs480

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C.A.
You’re right Barwon Heads has lighting and the rumor is the owner has extended the lease but I am led to believe it was because of a previously singed agreement and a dispute over use of a section of a runway.

Regardless of the runway lights and any agreement between the airport owner and the skydive operator (which is none of our business) any operation must be conducted SAFELY and within the CASA and APF Operational Procedures and Regs.

Those of you that believe some in this forum are being to harsh on the jump plane pilots need to stop and think before you rattle off, as he is the person who tips the DIRT DARTS out of the aircraft with total disregard for any aviator in the airspace beneath him, remember it could be any of us in or just under that cloud thru which the DIRT DARTS pass and not necessarily at Barwon Heads.

Now maybe these pilots believe they can walk on water or maybe they believe they are doing the right thing by the operator or both, but be assured when the **** hits the fan the operator will step back and give up the pilots to the authorities (and I believe did in the case at Barwon Heads when CASA raided him).

If they put the lives of fellow aviators at risk they deserve all they get and the sooner the better.

GW_04
Well you sure don’t mind letting everyone know you’re an IDIOT, I suggest you read all the posts before you rabbit off again about communication.

You say in your post you were “a professional jump pilot” to which one must ask how professional?
When we read further on in your post and see you refer to incident reports as “crap about cloud, traffic separation, circuits....etc...bla bla” and we can answer NOT VERY.

PROPSWINGA is right, you’re a turkey perhaps you should get together with Harry_Porter then at least between you there would be half a brain.
(No prize for second place dummies and I guess that’s where you’ve been all your lives no gold bars)

Lukeatme

That was two engine failures in the porter (on one occasion they took out a fence in a paddock on the other side of the road from the end of the runway) and one in the 206 on final this time the landed short of the fence but had to cut it to get the plane out (b*gg*r the farmers what right do they have to put fences in this operators way)