PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loss of market share for cathay
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2022, 23:09
VforVENDETTA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by veryoldchinahand
The above looks to be the sort of distortion mixed with outright untruths that we have come to expect from this self declared CX hater.
Its something to be thankful for that he has taken his seeming somewhat dubious services elsewhere. One wonders what happens when his new masters displease him.
Market shares look very solid on routes that are fully back in business as the undisputable fact is that pax prefer CX to its competitors
Loyalty is earned, and it can be un-earned. The utter lack of care towards cathay among its pilot crew is very common for the last couple of years and it keeps getting worse. Cathay has genuinely earned their disloyalty. The ones still there are sadly without any better choice, not because they're loyal or proud to be working for cathay. The few who say anything positive about cathay on the flight deck or elsewhere are pummeled by the majority, verbally of course.

As far back as 2017 I have regularly had conversations with long term platinum cathay customers who told me they've been switching to other airlines for their regular business travel out of hk. One guy was a 25+ year exclusive cathay customer and he had switched to Singapore and was very happy about the change and said cathay product was less and not as good. This was in 2017. So yes very old hand, you are regurgitating BS from very old times, chap. Things have been in a nose dive for some time now. Regardless of what you and I think, HK government certainly thinks cathay's ability to fill its own shoes are lacking bad enough to so desperately beg other airlines to come fill it. Or did you think that was me quoted in the press article I pasted above? Don't answer that.

You must act accordingly when shown such disdain and lack of care, by your employer or otherwise. If you don't act accordingly, you're a chump.

Look in the mirror and ask yourself if you are a chump.