PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SQ pilots under political pressure (merged)
Old 10th Jan 2004, 09:31
sia sniffer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Of course the real issue here to LKY and his corrupt bunch of cronies, is not a few renegade pilots, but the "threat" perceived from "People power". The naughty pilots executed their democratic right to remove their former sycophantic "union" leaders who went off course with regards actually trying to improve conditions.

What LKY is rather paranoid about is that this action may actually take hold in other unions and workers representative councils in other none related industries in Singapore. What if Sembawang Engineering, Tamesek holdings or SPH workers decide that we also want a bit more democracy? Well the tide would soon turn, and as in other despotic states, the tyrannical leaders would be fleeing for safer climates. For LKY, probably his private clinic in Switzerland, all paid for by ...err ...his loyal subjects of course.

The current situation in SIA unfortunately makes me feel rather smug. Since '97 I've been posting my candid thoughts of what actually goes on in Singapore, to be received by cries of, no this can’t be so, Singapore is so wonderful... isn’t it? Well, the writing has been on the wall (that’s the lavatory wall sir) for years. I got out rather a long time ago, but am surprised to hear how many guys are still remain chained by their stupidity to continue to sign yet more bonds. Enforced labor is one thing, but having completed 5 years of a sentence, and then signing along the line for another 3 is probably certifiable lunacy in most countries.

I therefore have no sympathy for the estranged expats still serving time in SIA. You have had so many opportunities to leave, but were hoodwinked by that 744 rating waved in front of you. Greed my friends is what trap you've fallen into. The '44 rating has corrupted you just as much as the 20% discount LKY received as a back hander from his nephew when he purchased a luxury flat in Singapore a few years ago. You are no different, and im very surprised the old fella has treated his own kind so badly.

Better luck in the next life guys