PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Marines deployed on ‘high-risk covert operations’ in Ukraine
Old 14th Dec 2022, 12:47
t43562

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by _Agrajag_
Don't use any of them, they all seem to mostly spout forth garbage, too, don't they? My wife was on Facebook for a time, seemed to me to be a cesspit that brought out the very worst in some people. Telegram is Russian, I believe, so am I really going to believe anything on there as being accurate? As for Twitter, it just seems to be mostly annoying stuff, that takes a lot of filtering to try and find information that just might, possibly, have a grain of truth behind it.

The whole media world seems to be a murky mess of misinformation or attempts to scam others in the main, with the possible exception of one or two media outlets that still seem to have retained a modicum of integrity.
Sorry to stray off-topic but you have to do 2 things:
  1. Don't absolutely "believe" anything - keep it in your mind that everything is a "probability" and that you are very likely to be wrong about e.g. half of what you think you know. So new information has a chance to influence that probability.
  2. Understand the kinds of biases of the news sources we have so that you can say ok, this source is usually a bit left wing and that source is sensationalist and so on.
  3. Sorry forgot this important one: if it's something you *want* to believe then be extra suspicious.

Last edited by t43562; 14th Dec 2022 at 13:31.