PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar airways (Master thread)-2
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2022, 08:01
wing-man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 778Skywalker
Hi all fellow airmen! I am looking at extending my career after retirement (yes early at my current airline). I hear varying opinions about Qatar airways but as always it depends on who is evaluating and the expectations of the individual. I do understand everyone has different expectations and do respect that. In my case I feel I would need a new challenge and an adventure. My financial security is not dependent on my next move (though I still have kids in Uni to support) I see it indeed more as an adventure. I did apply recently and fulfill all the requirements mentioned by far, however I have not yet heard anything. No age limit is mentioned (approaching 58). Anyone with some inside knowledge who would care to share some info? Are they actively looking for DEC 777 or 787? What is the selection like? How is life in the "Pearl" (I heard this is where they would be putting you....). How about T&C, -at what year would you intercept the salary ladder mentioned on PPJN? Is this counted towards your PIC hours on type? Also if you have any other operators you can suggest for a rated DEC 777/787 position. Grateful for any info that might help. Thanks a million!
You just have to wait for a response, and inshallah it will happen. I wouldn't be too sure you'll go to the Pearl, they will put you in any (bad) place they have a vacancy. You will not intercept any salary ladder, you will just start at the bottom.