PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Humberside
Thread: Humberside
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2022, 19:01
pug

Received 115 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by davidjohnson6
The new Humberside-Esbjerg route begins tomorrow.
Eastern with a J41 on a 1h50 route is likely to need some high fares to make the route profitable.
EBJ-HUY tomorrow is priced at £86 oneway, while on all other dates, the entry fare of £86 (ie 99.99 euros) seems available on all other dates
HUY-EBJ is £120 oneway tomorrow and £100 on all other dates.
Oneway fares go up about £6 for all dates from early April.
Fares mentioned above are for a no-change no-refund oneway but do include cabin and hold baggage.

These fares are somewhat lower than the (significantly shorter) Humberside-Aberdeen route which makes me wonder about demand on the Humberside-Esbjerg route. Fares on the Aberdeen-Esbjerg route look more robust. Yes, I know routes need time to mature, but Eastern will want to see reasonably encouraging signs before long.

Does anyone have any data on demand on HUY-EBJ to suggest the route will last ? I am hoping this route will not resemble Flybe's Norwich-DeKooy route
G-FORZ is correct. This route has been established on the back of local industry (offshore, shipping, renewables) requests for it. In recent years there has been attempts by SAS (5 x weekly) and later Sunair to Billind on contract which was ultimately satisfied.

NQY has done surprisingly well this year, nothing to suggest Esbjerg won’t given the industry support for it. Think it’s a bit to early to do an armchair analysis of the situation.