PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-10
Thread: Luton-10
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2022, 05:33
Dannyboy39

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I flew out of LTN yesterday morning. It was still snowing a little bit as I came up Airport Way but by and large I thought inside the terminal, the airport probably coped as well as they could. My own flight like many others left 2 hours late… I feel fortunate to get out at all.

I was disappointed thought that only 1 out of 4 RYR desks were manned at 0600 - did staff just choose not to come to work? Luckily the queue was quite short.

People seem to love standing and sitting in the most stupid places.

What annoyed me is that RYR still chose to board us at the normal time, getting us to the gate an hour before where we waited for a no show bus to turn up. If there’s no prospect of an on time departure, why get people over to the aircraft longer than necessary? Everything felt a lot slower than it should’ve been. And this was slot #1… I can’t imagine what the afternoon would’ve been like. De-icing took a while to turn up, but they did a thorough job. Bags turned up an hour after it should’ve done - again staffing issues?

Fair play for keeping the airfield open bar a period the night before.. but for 5cm of snow, the industry needs to be more resilient.

Last edited by Dannyboy39; 13th Dec 2022 at 06:05.