PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Midair near Gympie, Qld
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2022, 04:25
Flying Binghi

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by PiperCameron
If you ask that question, I'm not at all sure I, for one, want to hear the answer!

If we stick with the "Mr Mitchell said mid-air collisions were rare and any ATSB investigation would be "unlikely to yield new safety learnings for the aviation industry"" as the last word on this incident, maybe, at least we still get to fly..
Yep.

Some comments from the article:

..Gliding Australia president Steve Pegler said the ATSB should "absolutely" be investigating.

..Recreational Aviation Australia (RAAus) has echoed the call.

..Caboolture Gliding Club president Garrett Russell … an investigation would be very valuable for all pilots … to know what happened,

I think some forget that the reason average Australians of all ages can fly as pilots is the regulations are not as strict for light aircraft and gliders. If we want airline type safety levels then most private pilots will not be able to afford to fly.. apart from Dick Smith…… but he’s over 65, so will be grounded anyway…

I ride motorbikes on public roads. I do Not call for the ATSB to investigate all motorbike accidents.. What they going to say.. add two wheels, a seatbelt, and a roll cage to all motorbikes……