PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 12th Dec 2022, 01:39
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
Thunderbird Five

Originally Posted by thunderbird five
The letter writing has been going on for three and a half years now. Obviously it has had no effect.
Definition of insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result?
Is it not time change to change tack completely?
I concur. Whilst i don't want to make excuses, you are correct. I started this process 4 years ago with the CASA ICC. CASA got somewhat frustrated and pushed it over to the Ombudsman. Soon after COVID kicked in and that did slow things down. For many months i was unable to even call the Ombudsman office.

Im a one finger typer and each piece of correspondence takes me many weeks to send finalise, then it sits with the Ombudsman for many weeks, then CASA respond, the Ombudsman digests and responds to me. It has been a war of attrition, and extremely slow. In my well-intentioned feedback to the Ombudsman i will make mention that a three-way conference with the Ombudsman, a CASA representative, and myself would have had this entire matter resolved in weeks, not years.

Many months have been spent trying to demonstrate that Mr aleck is misleading the Inquiry.

And to be honest, my mental health has impacted. I generally rise at about 4.30am and spend the mornings working on this until the family wake up. There have been periods of many weeks when i have been unable to attend to it.

The delay is basically truthfulness and intent. If CASA were acting in a truthful and well-intentioned manner, this would have been resolved one way or the other many years ago.

Cheers. Glen (typing on the side of the road in sunlight on the way to work. Apologies for any poor editing)

and yes, I am about to change tact.