PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - stuff in .pdf missing after document printing?
Old 9th Dec 2022, 16:01
rans6andrew

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
stuff in .pdf missing after document printing?

Win8 laptop. I downloaded a standard letter in the form of a .pdf. The bulk of the text is locked as I don't have either a full version of Acrobat or access to the document password. The document has sections top and bottom with some unprotected text which you can edit to make it your own letter, ie name of intended recipient, your name, phone, email etc.

So, I installed Adobe Reader (freeby) and proceeded to enter the correct contact info. I then saved it with a new name and then did a print preview. All looked OK. Then, I emailed it to an account I use on my mobile phone and saved the edited document in the phone. I don't have access to a printer at home. I toddled down to my local library where, for 10 pence, they will print off a page in black and white. At the library I logged into the local council stuff on my phone and from there a member of staff can grab the document and send it to their printer. She did.

When the paper popped out we found that the locked info from the original .pdf had printed correctly but all of the stuff I edited was blank spaces.

We opened the document on my phone and it was complete.

What did I do wrong?

Rans6..............