PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shoreham Airshow Crash Trial
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2022, 16:12
_Agrajag_

Received 78 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by chevvron
Without wading through 750 pages, was he using a 'g' suit?.
I ask because on my one Hunter flight my pilot pulled though a loop and I 'greyed' out at 5.5g; he had a 'g' suit, I didn't.
Before you ask we were at about 15,000ft.

Not sure, but he should have been aware of the benefit of the anti-G straining manoeuvre (a.k.a "grunt and squeeze") I would have thought. I'm far from being fit and current, but didn't I even notice 4.5g during a bit of fun and games with an aero friend a year or so ago during a birthday treat flight, and its a couple of decades since I'd flown in anything with any sort of performance. It was only afterwards when he commented that we'd pulled about 4.5g in the final loop of the series. I was a bit surprised, to be honest, as it didn't feel close to that. We're alll very different though. I well remember watching a bloke go completely nuts in the hypobaric chamber when his mask was taken off, Took four of us to hold him down whilst the instructor got him back on 100% O2. That was at only 25,000ft, I think. He looked fine when he first took his mask off, doing sums on a pad like a good un, then just completely freaked out.