PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2022, 10:22
cliver029

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by _Agrajag_
T

" I can also remember being pretty much forced to watch some road safety films in the station cinema in the 1970', produced (I think) by an American police force. They had taken cameras out to the scene of major road accidents, and filmed the horror of those accidents. Most involved young men, like us, and most involved drinking. Two images from those films stick with me to this day. The bloodied remains of a headless torso that had been forced up through the roof of a car, and a still alive young man on the ground, missing both legs, screaming and grasping at the grass around him. These films were shocking, so much so that some left the cinema to chuck up. They were effective. Despite being a reckless and irresponsible young man, I never drank alcohol if there was any chance I might need to drive a car."
Agrajag
They were showing those same films to 16 year old Boy Entrants in in the early 1960's I'm not sure that it would have any effect on the youth of today.
Like you I have been watching some of the twitter feeds and had to force my self to acknowledge that they were real people dying and that some where
there were families going to grieve.

cliver029