PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V-280 wins US ARMY FLRAA contract
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2022, 07:55
Copter Appreciator00

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Bell returns to the Lead

I was glad to see Bell win this FLRAA. I was thinking about buying Textron stock (an article said the stock soared) but I just had this sinking feeling that somehow Boe-Sik was going to win due the "industrial base concern". I coulda made some good $$.. With the AH-64 and UH-60 having won tons of the recent foreign competitions recently; both Morocco and Poland seemed to be leaning towards the AH-1Z, then *boom* they selected the AH-64, I was SURE that some behind-the-scenes thing was going to see the SB>1 as the winner. Then there was the Leonardo AW-139 winning the UH-1N comp, and Airbus seems to be selling their copters ALL over. But as Bell had two decades with the AH-1 and UH-1 at the forefront, say, 1962 to 1982, the Blackhawk and Apache came around in the late 70s to surpass them, now the V-280 and probably even the B360 will return Bell back on top after being 2nd fiddle. Maybe even the USAF will look into it, hopefully as their H-60 replacement, and maybe they can axe their deal with Leonardo and have the V280 as the UH-1N replacement, a Bell for a Bell..

My scale model Bell helicopters are celebrating!
The following 3 users liked this post by Copter Appreciator00: