PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2022, 07:43
stevef

Received 97 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by NutLoose
This might seem an odd way to look at it, but I have a theory as to why we see so many clips filmed on phones, one is the plethora of mobile phones these days, but the other and my theory is people see death and destruction on TV and the web all the time and they become sanitised to seeing it.
Therefore when they see it in real life, by watching it happen through their phone, that puts the screen between the real events in front of them and isolates them in effect, as it would with a TV screen.
It in a way forms a mental barrier and shuts them off from the realities of the horrors they are witnessing in front of their eyes..
Reasonable assessment.
I saw a couple of nasty fatals when I was younger (aircraft and RTA) and they stayed with me for a long time. These days I'm not affected when I see Ukrainian war deaths on the various media, such as the Russian soldier being shot to death through the outhouse door, others grenaded by drones or blown out of the sky in their helicopters.. It's probably because they're considered the bad guys. Overspill from the entertainment world ... sounds awful, doesn't it ...