PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2022, 01:27
Buster Hyman

Evertonian

Received 106 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by _Agrajag_
Hopefully their actions may help to persuade the youngsters that glorify war in video games that war is always bloody, tragic and a needless and brutal waste of life. If they also get the message that it is the human ego that creates wars like this, and that being egotistical is not a positive character attribute, then so much the better.
Totally agree with you but there's a fine line between propaganda & motivation. Motivation, as in what ordinary Ukranians are doing right now. Propaganda, as in demonising the enemy in order to...motivate the populace.

Do we want to demotivate people in order to limit possible loss of life, as opposed to a 'gung ho' attitude? Would we accept Elon Musks idea of stopping to save lives, but Ukraine gets the raw end of the deal? I don't know the answers of course, but your points have made me think about it. My Mother hated Germans because of the Blitz & probably had good reason personally, but never let go of it! My Mother in Law hated the Japanese (different War) but had no personal involvement or experience of the Pacific War. Still hated them though.