PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Personal flying photos
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2004, 00:31
BRL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For an example of what to post have a look at the brilliant thread on rotorheads called Rotorheads around the world, it really is great.

For posting pictures here you can't go far wrong if you read AF's post and stick to that. You need to put your pictures on the web somewhere. Most internet service providers supply it free if you are a customer. BTinternet give me 50 mgs free space to do what I want with. To get the picture online you can either scan it in and save it or download it direct from your digital camera. Once you have the pictures on your heard drive, you can create a new folder on your desktop called anything, flying photos will do. Put all your pictures in there.

To upload the pictures you need an FTP programme. You can get them free on most pc magazines disks. Cute FTP or Smart FTP are both dead easy, good programmes to use. You simply locate your picture folder usuing the interface in the ftp proggramme and upload them. This is easy too, use the CTRL key on your keyboard as you select each picture, highlight how many you want to upload to your web-space and simply click on upload.

Once your pictures are online, right click the picture, click on properties and then highlight the address and copy it. Go to this thread and click on IMG. A box will appear and simply paste the address into it. Click ok and submit reply and your picture will appear in you post. It seems complicated but honestly, as someone has pointed out, it is so easy when you know how to do it.

I don't think pictures will link from MSN so you will have to out a link to your web page from there.

That's it really, have a go at it for yourself and see how easy it is.

If you are still phased by doing all that then as a last resort or if your ISP do not supply free space then e-mail them to me and I will upload them for you.
Look forward to seeing your pictures soon.