PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New RAF Recruitment Ad.
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2004, 00:15
Krystal n chips
Thought police antagonist

Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Received 130 Likes on 94 Posts
With regard to the comments about the latest recruiting ad.-- it gets worse !. Below, a verbatim copy from the Manchester Evening News---which may have also appeared in other local media. Read on.

MINICAB DRIVERS

WANTED FOR LOCAL AREA

Expect to receive :

# Free massage at the end of every shift

# No hold ups on the A40

# One famous passenger guaranteed every week

# Tourists who can't distinguish between a £10 and £20 pound note

# Friday night revellers who've "been ill" prior to boarding

# Fare dodgers who can't run very fast

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel this valued

In any one of our 70 careers

Call xxxxxxxxx RAF ( and roundle )

Now this was, I assume, a serious advert for the RAF !!. Frankly, a semi-skilled / literate ferret could do a better job. If you really get bored, have a look at the equally bland website. Have a look at the "Week in the life"--of the Eng.O. It's a sort of " Bunty goes to Leuchars" fantasy. Although it could be true of course
However, the point is this. I have constructed one than one Marketing Communications Strategy and frankly the advert in question, plus the supporting adverts / website, are unlikely to attract any serious applicant to the RAF. Today's "yoof" may be a shade inert , but they are much more inquisitive than many of their predecessors. Consequently, they are not going to be impressed by the bland and surreal type of adverts pushed in front of them. More importantly, the blandness does NOT show the RAF in a positive light---always useful when you are trying to advertise and market a product !
I will be perfectly happy to construct a new campaign if anybody from the CIO world is reading this by the way-----for £££'s obviously