PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA CPL Flight Test
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2022, 08:30
Clare Prop

Received 246 Likes on 114 Posts
Originally Posted by Duck Pilot
A good school should be providing guidance and instruction on the theory aspects relating to the licence or rating from the first day the training commences. If they aren’t they shouldn’t be in business.

Unfortunately it’s well known within industry that standards have dropped significantly in recent years, particularly with regards to CPL and IFR rating graduates. I’ve flow with a couple of junior CPL holders who shouldn’t even have a PPL!

Sad thing, it’s not the fault of the student in most cases, it’s the sausage factory just taking the $$$$ off the students and using junior instructors to doing the advanced training who in most cases have very little if not any real world charter experience.

I’m not a supporter of GA ready courses as the stuff should be covered in the CPL training, however there certainly are people graduating who aren’t up to standard in my opinion.

Having said this, there are some excellent schools around who produce very good pilots.

I’d be questioning the instructor who puts you up for the flight test if you have concerns.

Good luck and I’m sure you will get through with the right attitude.
This above is all so true.

Here is the link you need.
. Flight examiner handbook | Civil Aviation Safety Authority (casa.gov.au)
Read sections 3,4 and 9
It all relates back to the MOS.
Good luck