PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shoreham Airshow Crash Trial
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2022, 17:38
_Agrajag_

Received 78 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by Iheardthat
There is no such policy. Have you looked at the AAIB Monthly Bulletins for October and November? As a newb I cannot paste a link so you will have to search manually through the website www.AAIB.com. While not used every month, Addenda and Corrections is a standing agenda item and both these bulletins include changes to published reports.
Thanks. I have just checked back to the report in question. It has not been amended as far as I can tell and still gives the cause for the accident that is contrary to the evidence given by the AAIB investigator who gave evidence to the Coroner's Court. As I mentioned, the disparity almost certainly didn't change the jury's verdict, but it does mean that anyone reading that report today would still be mislead as to the accident cause. The issue in question was whether witness marks from a control cable were indicative of the cause, or whether they were incidental and caused by airframe damage during the break up of the aircraft. The report states they are incidental, the investigators evidence in court stated they were causal.