PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shoreham Airshow Crash Trial
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2022, 16:09
Iheardthat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by _Agrajag_
I can understand the AAIB views changing over time, but have a bit of a problem with the reports not being amended to reflect that. These reports are largely about learning from experience, so we all understand errors and problems that have occurred in the past and are better able to try and eliminate them in the future. If we have AAIB reports being used as reference material that are in error, then that dilutes their effectiveness, to the point where people may die in future because the wrong cause is given in the report. That seems to me to fly in the face of one key reason as to why we put so much time and effort into investigating the cause of accidents. Makes me wonder quite why the policy of not amending reports exists.
There is no such policy. Have you looked at the AAIB Monthly Bulletins for October and November? As a newb I cannot paste a link so you will have to search manually through the website www.AAIB.com. While not used every month, Addenda and Corrections is a standing agenda item and both these bulletins include changes to published reports.