Thread: Flybe-V2
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2022, 07:58
Bearpit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why sympathy

Originally Posted by OltonPete
In respect of BHX - no

Few if any BHX airlines cancel flights the night before based on a met forecast the next day for fog. BHX did have generator issues earlier in the week but overall after that I think only one or two flights been lost to fog and one of those was aircraft or crew related (I assume Cat1) and in fact there have been more diversions in than out.

It got worse later today with the aircraft that positioned in to operate the 2 Glasgow flights and remaining Edinburgh unfortunately is still on the ground in BHX after the first Glasgow resulting in the early afternoon Edinburgh departing over 4 hours late this evening using the inbound Amsterdam aircraft. This has meant that the outbound Belfast cancelled making a 100% failure rate on that route today and due to the last of the BHX night closures, the final Glasgow is also cancelled. Just to add balance, Aer Lingus Regional also cancelled the early morning Belfast City today the second flight yesterday, the afternoon flight Wednesday and first two flights Monday so not only Flybe disrupting passengers.

I know the Flybe board are ultimately responsible for the decision to go with the Dash 8 and we all knew about their reputation during Flybe 1 but I do have some sympathy with their current plight as I doubt few could have estimated this level of aircraft issues. The disappointing aspect is that they seem to be holding their own in respect of passenger loads on their BHX services but for how long?

Pete
Difficult to be sympathetic when the only objective of this outfit seems to be to hang on to LHR slots at any cost. Terrible planning all round and this sort of disruption is what gives the rest of the industry a bad name. Flybe management seriously need a reality check.