PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chocks away! Airfix’s Spitfire takes to the skies again.
Old 2nd Dec 2022, 20:09
POBJOY

Received 79 Likes on 27 Posts
Frog Kits

Originally Posted by DHfan
When Tri-ang went broke in the early 70s a good number of the FROG moulds were sold to Russia and marketed as Novo.

I've still got a couple of boxed DH Hornets I paid 30p each for, the price stickers are still on the boxes.
Later they were more common in plastic bags with poor instructions and equally poor or missing decals. I think there are a few of those stashed away in a cupboard too.
I indeed remember some Frog kits because they made quite a good 1/72 Hurricane which actually had a retracting u/cart. It looked better on a stand rather than its wheels due to the inability of the system to go forward during the deployment. Nowadays some keen chaps would mod the kit so it looked ok wheels down, but I seem to remember the overall quality was good and it came in a box rather than a plastic bag (all mid 60's) may even had a sliding hood. Decades later Airfix produce an excellent large scale Hurricane which had good detail.

Last edited by POBJOY; 3rd Dec 2022 at 21:46.