PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Euroflyer
Thread: BA Euroflyer
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2022, 12:53
Busdriver01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by A320LGW
Would anyone advise leaving ryanair to join euroflyer? I feel safe where I am right now and just starting to really spread my wings at FR. The potential prize is also not LHR so not really 'BA'. It is however the BA seniority list and ultimately my main airline was always BA. How quick would be able to join BA up the road? I feel I shouldn't let the chance slip by It'll also involve switching from B to A which is another pain having invested so much time (and money) getting to grips with the Boeing philosophy
- Do you want to lose 5/4?
- Do you care about flying/having the opportunity to fly long haul?
- Do you mind commuting to Heathrow eventually?

If no to the above, stay where you are. You'll be 4-5 years on the list for Heathrow behind almost all others there. One would imagine you're close to a command at FR, so that wont come any sooner at EF. The money isn't as good at FR, I don't believe.

However, if you want to try long haul, or euro tours, or just want to wear a hat, then have at it. I joke about the last bit, but the first two are valid reasons to join and the sooner you do it the better your life becomes in terms of building some seniority. Just be aware the work life balance is not as good as 5/4 will achieve until you're top c.10% on your fleet/seat.

Good luck!