PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Soar...
Thread: Soar...
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2022, 05:45
43Inches

Received 419 Likes on 231 Posts
The Age is reporting that only around 10% of the approximately 1000 students got their CPL.
There might also be a factor in this regarding having a go at something because there's no perceived risk. I've seen a lot of students throw HECS money around like its free cash, which in a way it is until you start earning, it should never have been allowed for pilot courses as it was always going to be abused. Sign up for a flying course, why not, charge it to the Gov. Few months later, nah this sucks I'm going to do a trade... I know numerous individuals that have debts from flying training and never made it to commercial level for various reasons. One thing I've found in common about young people and flying training, not many look into the fine print or contingency plans. Fastest route to the shiny jet, Tally Ho!

(As a small aside, I do find it amusing that the 08 Sep ERSA entry for YMMB specifically added RAAus aircraft to the PPR list. Maybe, like many who grew up herding Foxbats in the circuit, they never want to see one of them yellow perils ever again. )
To be fair it's probably more the operator than the machine.