PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dallas air show crash
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2022, 23:23
First_Principal

Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts
Just so it's clear, in relation to 31, is someone able to show or explain the whereabouts of the "airshow viewing line behind which the audience viewed the airshow" ?

Given some earlier comments I remain uncertain of this, as I suspect others might be too.

Also, in the video linked to Flying Binghi's post above (Dallas air show crash) there is a link to the preflight briefing. To me the useful detail (in trying to understand things from a non-airshow pilot's perspective) starts at about 7:37 in that video. What I hear is winds are gusty from the NW, and at around 8:39 that 'fast movers' (P51 specifically mentioned) should be at 2300AGL, or 3000MSL to 'put you above everybody'. Then at 8:48 'bombers' should go to 2000??? - the video appears cut off, but I'm guessing this might be MSL, thus giving 1000' vertical separation.

This suggests to me that there should be vertical separation as well as lateral - but is that just for the manoeuvring at the end of each run, not the procession past the crowd?

Thanks,

Last edited by First_Principal; 30th Nov 2022 at 23:54. Reason: Add further query.