PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RCAF - 'Inappropriate' fighter pilot nickname
Old 30th Nov 2022, 19:38
gums

Received 55 Likes on 16 Posts
Salute!

@ Dave.... Hot Lips got her name due to a sexual encounter that Radar was broadcasting over the camp speakers via a microphone in her tent and was telling the guy played by Robert Duvall "kiss my hot lips". Was the movie "Mash" and then a very successful TV series.
===========================
From my history:
The Boys from Syracuse was one of the two Guard units we checked out in the Dragonfly back in 1970 and 1971 at Alexandria( before I went to the Sluf). The other was from Baltimore. Talk about bitter folks. They had been flying F-86's and were true "country club" units. To transition to the lowly A-37 that had two seats and two engines and had a completely different mission from the Sabre was a shock.

We also had a unit Green Mountain Boys from Vermont. Oh well, USAF has always been the most PC of the services, and at one time they even made several units change their patches. Symbols of "death" and such went away. Fortunately, the high level commanders changed and by 1980 we got some historic ones back, including the one I wore last day I ever flew the Viper. Somehow the US Navy never got the word and we saw the infamous skull and crossbones on the tails of one of their squad's jets.

Gums sends...

Last edited by gums; 30th Nov 2022 at 19:42. Reason: typos