PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light show between 40 and 30 West
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2022, 13:35
jds_portugal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello.
Last night i saw something that i cannot explain. This phenomena happen for 2 hours until I start my descent. I was flying to Barcelona vor and i spotted what i thought that was a satellite. Commented with my FO, but he did not see it. After a few minutes, the same pattern. That raised the alarms, and now we both started to pay more attention.
We saw what looked like a star, and then another star appeared on the right side and crossed the first star. After a few seconds both disappeared. Was about out height, on the horizon. We saw several times this pattern, separated by some 3/4 min. Always about 1 o clock of our aircraft, witch-ever heading we were flying.
Reaching Madrid, the pattern changed a little. Just one light, stronger, that appeared to move in a circle on the same plain as ours. When was inbound was a strong light, than started to fade and disappeared. When we started descend to Lisbon, we crossed some high clouds and we stop seeing that.
I reported it to the controllers, and asked if there was a military exercise or an military area. They did not have any info on that.
It was my first time seeing something like that, i cannot understand what it was, but pretty sure that is something that someone can explain.

Last edited by jds_portugal; 30th Nov 2022 at 14:54.