PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC, RFF, WTF?
Thread: ATC, RFF, WTF?
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2022, 09:04
dr dre

Received 359 Likes on 197 Posts
Originally Posted by goodonyamate
fark me, the moment someone talks about pilot pay you’re all about it…but the firies aren’t worth it?
I have to say “hear hear”. Since this forum came into existence we’ve had thousands of posts bemoaning the cuts to pay and conditions for pilots and the apparent lack of pilots standing up for themselves to stop the cuts to pay and conditions.

Now when some of our aviation brethren (who put their lives on the line for us, as the poor souls in Dubai and Lima recently demonstrate) stand up to ensure safe staffing levels we cry foul because our Friday morning plans are slightly disrupted.

They’re only asking for an average 3.5% pay rise over the EBA, we’ll below inflation.

Originally Posted by red_dirt
the UFU are trying to exploit the whole “firefighter” trusted people card
No, they are trusted full stop. More so than almost any other profession, even pilots.

and they don’t have enough staff, well if they think that having the extra staff spread over the 27 stations now makes them the super human service they think they are they are gravely mistaking. Having that 1 extra bod on the crew will make no operational difference.
First off they don’t have enough staff, Airservices has confirmed this in an internal review:

However, an Airservices Australia risk assurance review dated September 9 and circulated by the union shows national available staffing levels were well below the required staffing levels due to “increases in long-term leave, sick leave and mental health impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic”.

Secondly who are you to tell firefighters they don’t need extra crew? How would you like it if they said “I don’t think you need 4 pilots for ULH, 3, or even 2 will suffice”.