PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Age Concern: Am I too old?
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2022, 08:14
HeliboyDreamer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sir Korsky
sorry but I disagree. The biggest problem he'll have is stopping the ball rolling and delaying his progression. Get the CPL, get the FI, start instructing and build some time. May take a few years but impossible it is not. Yes he'll need a bit of luck, but I'm confident he'll get a good dozen years flying in a post-instructional role if relentless determination is the driving factor. All it takes is time and money. It's not difficult.
Can't agree with that Sir (at least for the UK). I had a chat recently with some of the big names out there in UK Aberdeen on the hiring side. Some of them made it clear to me that age is a problem for them. At a co-pilot level they see it as a training risk to take on someone aged and they prefer to take on someone they refer to as "generation xBox" fresh from training that they can shape to their needs.

If you are older you would need luck, or know someone (with power) from inside or have the correct type rating. Without this your chances will be very very low.