PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eurowings Europe F/O
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2022, 06:19
XMV6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by reverse21
The first step at the Eurowings assessment is the SKY TEST BQ (By the way im transfering/selling mine for half the price--> if interested on it contact me ). It consists exactly as it is noted on the email they send you for practical purposes.

The address is in Hamburg at "interpersonal gmbh" building. Accommodation for this part of the assessment is not covered by Eurowings so I highly recommend Hotel Denbu which includes breakfast and it is 3 mins away the exam room.

Once you reach the point for the exam, you will be told to wait patiently until it is time to start. A friendly skinny guy just came from the inside to the hall and started noting the passports. Pens are offered for signing a couple of documents and for the first part of the assessment.

You then will be informed about how use of the phones are not permitted, and the smart watches neither. There are places where you can leave trolleys, and personal stuff securely.

Once you are told to take a seat, you log in with your careers.aero username and they will give you a password for the whole classroom. Each person has a very old Toshiba laptop i3 with an ubuntu OS, and many of them run so so slowly. One mistake is that they remove from the countdown around 10/15 seconds meanwhile the computer is loading the tests.

Tests are, as told lines before, exactly as the same as they offered for practical purposes on their email. We started with ATPL theory, English, maths with paper, math problems, and stuff and after the break we started with the multi tasking (offered a couple of super basic headphones) and mental maths and figures (super hard mode).

I can remember we started with ATPL Theory (60 questions in 40 mins), English (a bit hard some of them and I owe officially an ICAO 5 and a c1 by Cambridge university ) and the order of the tests I have them all mixed. The last thing to do was the multitasking. Knowing the shapes from pieces was super super hard, and the twisted figures too. Mental maths was super fast and not that difficult as in Skywest. The objects and numbers for memory was way too easy, or at least more than in Sky test.

For the multitasking you will be told a call sign: DELTA PAPA 010 and the callsigns you will hear are going to be DELTA PAPA 100, PAPA DELTA 010, DELTA PAPA 001, ETC along the whole exercise which is almost imposible to get right all of them as you're focused on filling the tanks and moving the mouse. These tanks are way easier than in Sky test where you only have to choose one key for refilling each one tank. And again one key for the red light. They start yellow and after a few seconds turn red. Letters used for this exercise are the first row of the keyboard Q W E R T Z U I (From the German keyboard) If you deviate the mouse too much from the track you will be deducted points from your total score.

As a personal opinion I will say it wasn't that hard if I would have been a bit more prepared. Of course, as you will know, from 20 people we were in the very first moment, only 4 were passed to the sim phase and once the sim phase is successful they will have the personal interview.

Finishing the tests, the guy gave us a paper for noting our names to be called for the results. Then you go into a room, sited in front of that guy and a girl in a very long table, and you're asked how you see your performance. I knew of course how my performance was, and I failed in the maths for sure and the theory. As the other 15 people (engineers included).

So, I would like to warn anybody who is called for the assessment of Eurowings, if you don't prepare for the maths and the theory you won't pass so just make you a favour and save up some money and time and go well prepared. If you fail, the waiting time for a new assessment is 2 years.

I hope this info can be useful for somebody
Reverse, can you write me in PM about Sky Test? Your inbox if full, I can not send any sms for you.