PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2022, 07:38
jacarandaa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dot0086
Not sure if you took the aptitude test yet, but if you did you probably know what it's like now. But I'll reply just for those who are looking to apply in the near future or are about to take the test. The test is run by Aon, so just search Aon [the test in question] on Google and you should be able to find some sample tests.
Monitoring Ability: it's a test with moving dots and you pretty much have to guess how many there are. This one was virtually impossible when it reaches 8+ balls and you pretty much just have to guess. Tells you if you were right or wrong every question.
Spatial Orientation: plane with a heading and a location beacon and you select where the plane is out of 9 possible spots. No instant feedback.
Complex Control: fly through a tunnel trying to get to the highest "level". You can control the speed, but it will also automatically speed up if you keep going without hitting anything. If you hit something, it will stop you briefly and continue on.
Applied Numeracy: 20 questions of pretty simple math, you have 15 minutes to do them. Calculators are allowed so if you know your formulas it's pretty simple (ie. volume, area, conversions, percentages, etc.) No instant feedback.
Multi-Tasking: 3 tasks: determine if a triangle is point left or right, mental addition/subtraction, duplicates numbers. Pretty easy if you're good at mental math. Instant feedback for wrong answers.
Reaction Speed: 2 shapes, press equal when same shape. Easiest test IMO. Instant feedback.
Work Related Behavior: the most time consuming one. I think there were about 100 questions and took me about 30 minutes to do them.

I don't know how well I did but they sent me a final interview offer within 2 hours of submitting the aptitude test.
Will update on what they ask after my interview!

Also not related, but a lot of salty, angry, and gatekeeping elitists on this forum lol
Hi! Thanks a lot for sharing. May i ask how far away is your final interview? And did they give you any choices in terms of time slots? Heard the process is pretty rushed nowadays with little to no time to prepare, unlike the old times where they took their time for different stages.