PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belgium blocks export of nuclear technology to UK
Old 27th Nov 2022, 08:19
Krystal n chips
Thought police antagonist

Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Received 123 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by tdracer
I

I did except English Breakfast - but I think you're reaching when you start claiming "kebabs" as British food. Sort of like that British TV show I watched recently that claimed potato crisps were a British invention based on an early 1800's cookbook that called for 1/4" thick fried potatoes and called those potato crisps (we'd simply call those fried potatoes...)
Ah, but, the question is, if you don't mind me asking, was this a true English breakfast, as in including fried bread and black pudding...essential ! or, sadly, the American influenced desecration with hash browns ?....you would be surprised how many hotels in the UK now offer a reasonable Continental / healthy breakfast option, even RAF catering has joined in as you now have to ask for a fried egg.....which is an improvement on those served cooked about 3 hrs earlier and kept warm with an insulating layer of grease.

Did you also, by any chance, encounter an "Ulster Fry " ?.....your GP would have taken a keen interest in your cholesterol level if you had, but well worth consuming.

As for Belgium, well, once into the rural areas, it's full of hidden surprises, some beautiful countryside along with rural shops and outlets....there again, at one time, you knew you had crossed the border near Eindhoven when your suspension let you know how it felt trying to compensate for the chunks of concrete purporting to be a surfaced road on the autobahn....this has now changed however.

And another plus for Belgian beverages...and frites with mayo !