PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is this rumour true? Tell me it isn't! (Bristows crewman)
Old 9th Jan 2004, 17:55
Time Out

PPRuNe Time

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bristow Sued by Former Helicopter Crewman

By Andrew Black, Scottish Press Association

A search and rescue helicopter crewman who claimed he was “unceremoniously dumped” from his job is suing his former employer, the British Airline Pilots Association announced today.

John Boulton, 47, who said he had helped save hundreds of lives, worked for Bristow in the Shetland Islands, but was unable to continue working because of injuries he sustained while doing his job over the years.

BALPA said it had agreed with Bristow that Mr Boulton would receive a compensation package of four times his annual salary, but the union claimed the company has refused to pay out and is now supporting legal proceedings to recover the money.

The union also said that Mr Boulton would be evicted from his home on Shetland next week, as it is owned by Bristow.

Mr Boulton said today: “I am deeply hurt by the company’s attitude.

“We risk life and limb time after time, year after year, and because my injuries eventually made it impossible for me to do my job the company decided not to deal fairly with me but to unceremoniously dump me.”

Rescue crewmen are frequently injured during the course of their work.

source