PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ADHD/ASD and CASA medicals
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2022, 22:03
Clinton McKenzie

Received 255 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by OZBUSDRIVER
My God! This is a legal minefield. Avmed may be protected but an instructor filling in a form with zero expert experience to diagnose a medical condition? Seriously? A smart kid starts seeing adverse attention after flying with instructor blogs. Someone says form 420. I don't think you will expect a pat on the back and say "ah well, that's it then" You guys better have deep pockets or bloody good professional insurance.
Spot on, OBD.

If an applicant is refused a medical certificate by Avmed, is otherwise hindered in their career aspirations or the subject of indefinite Avmed micromanagement, on the basis of considerations including the content of an unqualified person’s “examination” - that’s the word used in the form - that person could find themself in the middle of a time consuming and stressful controversy.

If I were a flying instructor, I’d be sticking to my instructor knitting rather than participating in Avmed’s thought bubble schemes. And that’s even if Avmed manufactured consent, from or on behalf of the applicant, to the “examination”.