PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belgium blocks export of nuclear technology to UK
Old 26th Nov 2022, 21:38
chevvron

Received 98 Likes on 71 Posts
Originally Posted by tdracer
I have to say I always find it amusing when Brits are critical of another country's food given how mediocre most 'authentic' British fare is (aside from a proper English breakfast - you manage to do a pretty good job of that one although you might want to rethink the beans).
Go to most countries and you see ethnic restaurants dedicated to various fare from other countries - French, Italian, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Thia, Mexican, etc.
What you don't see is "British" - in fact about the only British fare that even shows up the menu in other countries is fish and chips...
Wrong. Any Mediteranean or Canarian cafe will advertise 'English Breakfasts', 'bangers and mash' or 'Sunday roasts' or what they think it might be eg the cafe I saw in Majorca which advertised 'donna kebabs' (that spelling) as being British.
I know a place in Yermasoya (Cyprus) which does an excellent sunday roast meal and I've had them in the Caribbean too (Barbados)

Last edited by chevvron; 27th Nov 2022 at 09:01.