PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Not-so-woke Reds
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2022, 18:10
C24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
🇺🇦 🌻 🌻

There are some interesting and knowledgeable posts on here.

RAFAT does need to change, hopefully to remain as the display team demonstrating the abilities of some fast jet pilots.

The Reds exclusive, private flying club has closed down.

Based at RAF Waddington, RAFAT should benefit from integrating back into their parent organisation.

The pilots in the team at any one time are not the “Best of the best” but just the fortunate ones selected from a small number of FJ pilots available at the time.

A greater opportunity for everyone to fly in the team could be to reduce the “holiday” to two years and no second posting to RAFAT.

The display routine could be adjusted to allow individuals to fly in more then one formation position.

The Spring ex could be reduced to fewer flying days, if not deleted altogether. Bonding through barbecues, golfing and go-carting should be outside working hours and from the pilots’ own pocket.

There is a holdup in the training scheme. Why not take advantage of the skills and arrange a course using the Reds experience based at Waddington with the students based at Cranwell? A couple of days a week doing a day job and the rest as Reds.

World tours to be banned.

The Country is and will be strapped for cash for years to come, so to retain the team some of this might be useful.

England are currently getting stuffed by the Boks otherwise I would not be scribbling this.

I have been a fan since Culdrose Air Day, 1966 when I almost managed a ride.

Time will tell