PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Not-so-woke Reds
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2022, 14:04
langleybaston

Received 677 Likes on 241 Posts
[QUOTE=mahogany bob;11337552]o Me

Also LB what I find difficult to stomach is your constant biting criticism of the Reds -having never experienced in your warm met office the severe pressures and stress that they regularly experienced !

Quite so, it was a totally carefree life of ease, customer easy-going and forgiving, just covering shifts 24/7, postings every 3 years, frequent detachments to strange places, briefing massed para. drops, forecasting for moving special weapons, forecasting for aircraft on long over sea flights with no diversions worth a stuff .
Nicosia, Leeming, Topcliffe, Church Fenton, Acklington, Dishforth, Manby, Gutersloh, Finningley, Bawtry, JHQ, TACEVAL trapper, Maastricht, JHQ, Brize
One duodenal ulcer and major surgery.

No comparison with the Reds at all, stress-wise or behaviour-wise. Shame to take the money and the nice fat index-linked pension. In retrospect, I should have paid Her Majesty to be allowed to do the simple repetitive boring job.

By the way. just as the RAF is not the raf, the Reds are not the reds, Met. is not met please.

You will be pleased to know that these are my last words on the subject ot grounding the Red Arrows; others infinitely better qualified to judge appear to agree with me and this ignorant, cosseted, "know-nothing about the RAF" civilian will be happy to learn from their wisdom.