PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle-10
Thread: Newcastle-10
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2022, 13:31
RA85684

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aegean is great news, just need Turkish to get their flights on sale now and that’s a decent chunk of market sewn up!

Based on the rumours I’d expect to see a x4/5 weekly NCL-IST A32x/737 announcement to commence between March-October 2023. Fingers crossed.

Aegean flight times are actually decent for connections, holidays and short city breaks. The fares are also bloody good. 55EUR each way, you’d only get better with Ryanair. Connections available as well, timed great for them and pretty standard for the market. Late out of the UK, early into ATH is normal.

As for Flybe, flew NCL-LHR 21/11. 22 pax onboard. Not bad all things considered.
Departed bang on time, landed early, aircraft have had a spit and polish legroom and onboard service better than BA I felt. Tea, coffee, juice, water and biscuits or savoury snacks. Lovely friendly crew. Paid £58 for the mid-range fare, was £39.99 for the cheapo.

Would I fly them again - yes probably. Would I trust them to get me there if my schedule was tight - probably not.

BA will continue getting my regular business until at least the end of W22/23 in March. Come S23 let’s see if Flybe pull a bit of credibility out of the bag (and see if the route survives). If so, I’ll book again and not just for the novelty factor.

For the people - I hope they don’t Cock up this time. But I won’t hold my breath