PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Raids Meatbombers.
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2004, 16:29
C.A.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
welcome to 04 and it still drags on

Hi guys! Hope we all had a safe new year in the sunshine. Surprised you are all still here. Such is life.

Just to clarify and to seek clarification please.

PROPSWINGA. Pilot friend wanted some dates and which aircraft just in case you were making stuff up about the fuel starvation. That should ease Otter 1 's mind too i suppose. Hope you have them and its not unsubstantiated as you will look a bit silly in front of all these lovely people.

But just so you know, Barwon Heads has lights for night flying and has done for as long as i remember. (mind you i only remember having 2 beers so far) And all aircraft have been IFR down there for over 12 months and thats from CASA direct. As for seats in a parachuting aircraft, didnt think it was overly necessary or a rule. Maybe go and speak to the boys down there that do the flying (please dont speak to the operator as by the tone of your text it seems it would end in a bloody mess!) and ask them what rules they have for their aircraft and dropping. It seems you may have been previously misinformed about some things. Take an opportunity to expand your knowledge and walk away a more rounded and complete aviator rather than shutting things out like it seems a few people down there do. Im not trying to take you down mate but a person who can have an open mind will get further and be more successful in all facets of life as opposed to one which is not. More so in flying!

And i dont claim to be confucious(spelling?) either! Just an observation. As said, Im not having a go at you!

Also heard that the airfield owner has just given a new long lease to the parachuting mob. What happened, I thought they were against it for being unsafe. Have they cleaned up their act already. Just a rumour though!

Take care guys and hear you soon.

CA

Last edited by PPRuNe Towers; 10th Jan 2004 at 00:09.