PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Congratulations on the Payrise (Paycut)
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2022, 10:31
Babyjet_dododo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MDRT22
Sorry I'm a bit confused. I thought pilots were paid by a full salary regardless of how many hours you fly...Not any more now? coz my uncle used to work for Dragonair but he never said anything about productivity targets, minimum productivity hours etc....
It all sounds like a sales job to me, like you make a base salary + commission. So if I don't meet the minimum productivity hours, I won't get paid? I don't understand
I work for a bank now, 5 days a week, 8 hours a day, I get paid a full salary and we don't' have minimum productivity hours this kind of thing. Anyone can help?
Under POS18, the company sets minimum hours (adjusted at the sole discretion of the company) before air crew earn any extra pay. Each fleet have different hour target.

For the freight guys in particular, they increased the minimum hours so the take home pay for the same amount of hours worked is reduced.

There is a consensus that the company will, over the years will increase the minimum hours to 84 hours so aircrew costs will remain low.

Last edited by Babyjet_dododo; 25th Nov 2022 at 10:50.