PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Congratulations on the Payrise (Paycut)
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2022, 01:40
veryoldchinahand

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did i mention that the inflation was less than 10% Menelaus ?
My point being that few major employers can afford pay increases equal to the inflation rates being experienced across many continents.

You may have read that half of UK workforce will be on strike prior to Christmas asking for ridiculously high and unaffordable pay increases which will achieve nothing positive as employers cannot afford to pay.

The reason why you diehard Cathay haters post the nonsense that you do has in my opinion little or nothing to do with pay or much else and much and more to do with venting your frustrations and unbridled dislike for Cathay and the fact that the airline is rebuilding fast ,living within its means, expanding and employing thousands.

Our youngest boy finishes school next year is then going to flight school, then to university and if all goes will intends on to fly for the airline. This without a shred of encouragement from us in fact the opposite with the insistence on a university degree being ours. He is just one of 3 HK born to expats in his year intending to fly for Cathay.
I mention this as only to illustrate that it is very unlikely that Cathay will experience a pilot shortage going forward local or otherwise