PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pondering leaving BA
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2022, 04:36
cessnaxpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am replying to this from the other side of the pond, but I have some experience. I was at one US legacy carrier that was not financially stable and so I left for another legacy carrier. That airline (Northwest) eventually entered bankruptcy and I could not imagine a good long-term outcome and so I moved to the cargo side. Had I stayed, I would have been fine (and very senior at Delta). I’ve had 5 airlines in my past.

what I will say is that there is no sharpshooting the system. Sometimes you need to have the long view and realize that company leaders change and union leaders change. Who is the financially most stable today may not be tomorrow. I have enjoyed my journey, but it seems a little bit neurotic to many.

You won’t know if you made the right decisions until the end of your career and you look back. There are some priorities that you can identify, such as long-haul flying or living in base. I think those reasons always merit consideration when thinking about moving to another airline.

As somebody else pointed out, there is no wrong decision, it will just result in a different experience. Only you know what it is that is creating your dissatisfaction, and if it rises to the level that you will do something about it, but sometimes a bit of patience, and the long view can help. No rash decisions.

good luck in whatever you decide!