PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2022, 19:20
meleagertoo

Received 143 Likes on 70 Posts
It seems an incredible contradiction to me that it is deemed 'acceptable' for Ruzzia to destroy the power, food and water supplies, housing etc all over a nation but for that nation to respond by damaging any infrastructure in Ruzzia it is thought beyond the pale and called escalatory and antagonistic!
What a ridiculously one-sided imbalance.

As to the SeaKings...WTF does Ukraine need antisubmarine helos for? OK, it would be nice to neutralise the Kilos in the Black Sea but that isn't going to happen with three land-based sonar encumbered Mk5s and no highly skilled A/S crews to operate them, leave alone the necessary ordinance to finish the job. But as the BBC's article depicts Junglies...It seems unlikely that the 'journalists' who scribbled this garbage have a clue of what they speak (do they ever?) so I don't think we're much the wiser. A flight of Mk4s might well be useful up to a point, but are there really not enough familiar and easily supported Mil8s around in Europe to do the job without encumbering Ukraine with an entirely seperate logistics organisation running a mere 3 SeaKings? Gibe them 30 (as if!) and it might make sense, but three?

Come on, MoD, surely we can do better than that? Where are all the Mk4s?

Sounds like unnecessary over complication to me as described, but then again maybe it isn't as the fact-free goons in the meeja have 'described' it...

Last edited by meleagertoo; 23rd Nov 2022 at 19:44.