PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-V2
Thread: Flybe-V2
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2022, 10:38
Wycombe

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by willy wombat
And that just sums up the acceptance of mediocrity. It is perfectly possible to run for weeks without any cancellations if you schedule appropriately, have adequate crew numbers, good engineering back up, etc. the bete noir tends to be the weather. An airline that shrugs its collective shoulders and just assumes it will have frequent cancellations will indeed have frequent cancellations.
I think more an acceptance of reality than mediocrity. Flights have been cancelled by pretty much every airline you could care to name over recent months (including BA for me personally, which meant late-notice cancellation of a planned weekend away)

However, those stats show that Flybe are not doing well, and as I look at FR24 right now I can see one a/c positioning from BHD to EXT on a maintenance c/s (could be planned, who knows) and another from LHR to BHD (having previously been on the ground in AMS for 5 days, which one would have to assume wasn't).

It's not great and even people who want to support the airline will lose faith in they can't rely on it.