PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Strike Looms Large at Air Log in the GOM
Old 9th Jan 2004, 10:18
SASless

Received 524 Likes on 219 Posts
Gomex....

I reckon the company feels the union pay demand is unreasonable and rightfully determined the pilots in Alaska are not covered by the existing contract despite the court rulings. Any truth to the rumour that Neil Osborne got shifted out of the UK for being too easy in dealing with the Bristow pilots pay demands of a few years ago? Rumour has it that he returned to the warm embrace of the Air Log management to find himself stashed away in a spare broom closet with no real duties. Reckon he sees a better future at Tex-Air?

I notice the OLOG share prices are heading south...reckon the bad news is out....Yahoo had some very interesting discussions....went to the financial page...typed in OLG for the OLOG stock symbol....and read the discussions. Not very flattering.

I have been told the original pay demand....that would have cost Air Log 8 million US Dollars per year....out of 18 Million US Dollars that went for management bonuses for 7 executives last year...would only have reduced the company's profit margin by 5% to 23% vice the current 28%.

You have any information on those matters?