PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R Areas - Shoalwater Bay
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2022, 02:39
Geoff Fairless

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Eclan
Lead, of course I think my opinion is “superior” to yours although I wouldn’t choose that word. If I thought your opinion was the better one, I’d agree with you. Does that make sense?? Sorry if you wanted a “thank you for your service” most Aussies aren’t into that seppo crap. Many here also served, not good to make assumptions.

Hi Geoff,

As already pointed out here you give the appearance of having a vendetta. You appear to claim not to be anti-Australian but are merely outraged at a perceived lack of transparency and/or Australian authorities regulating illegally and/or Australia dominating others. Any one of these issues would be better addressed in some other forum or office where the leftist agenda (I don’t mean the RAAF, how Lead came to that conclusion I do not know) is upheld as they seem to love this sort of thing. Maybe the ABC has a dob-in line for anti-ADF topics.

Regarding “better shortcomings”, if freedom and transparency are your hobby horses why don’t you go down to Victoria and begin a vendetta against Chairman Dan where secrecy, lack of accountability and scrutiny, and autocratic overreach are now a way of life? You could throw in police brutality and a few other points as well. Your beef with restricted areas in a space about which no one but you (and your follower) cares is beginning to look a little bizarre and unhinged compared to the real issues of transparency and secrecy in Victoria.

As I said before, good luck with it. I will genuinely be interested to see if you get anywhere with your campaign.
Hi Eclan,

Thank you for your "genuine interest" in my campaign.
My airspace interest goes back over 30 years to when I first wrote some articles in Australia Aviation about how much better I thought it could be done if lessons from other countries were studied. The CAA then sent me to the USA to look at their NAS and I assisted with the Airways Transition Project. I worked for both Airservices and CASA, before retirement, so I believe I have knowledge of their processes.
I am still a registered user of the AVSEF system and take all opportunities to examine airspace regulation, as you suggest in your post; only sometimes do I publish what I am doing in Pprune.
On this particular "vendetta" I found CASA totally unable to respond, IMO because the OAR acts as virtually a rubber stamp for Airservices and the ADF; so I turned my attention to the ADF.
Since my communication with the ADF over two years ago, they have now stopped asking CASA OAR for R Areas outside territorial waters. The Minister ordered CASA to come up with an alternative plan, and the ADF is discussing with CASA, what might work within the framework of the Chicago Convention and Australia law.
After my latest campaign, and unpublished on PPrune, I have received other emails that satisfy me that professional people have not forgotten the subject, and that work is ongoing. I have also brought up with them some other issues that I think should be rectified.
So, all in all, this campaign has gone quite well; I continue to work on others.

While I do have an interest in politics, I do not live in Victoria, so what their premier gets up to only marginally interests me. I'll leave that to you poor folks.