PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair-2 cadets
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2022, 15:55
pilot4life98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just had my assessment in Budapest on Nov 16/17 and would like to share my feedback. (I used pilotassessment and ACE to prepare)

There were like 70/80 candidates, no joke.

Stage 1 (TEST + GROUP EXERCISE)

Test is 60 questions, most are basic ATPL questions (POF, AL, PERF, OPS). Some company related (like seats on 320, what engines, most northern destination etc); also some pretty easy maths questions like basic equations.

Group exercise can be tough. Some scenarios are easier than others but it depends a lot on the whole team (obviously). As everyone has already said before, try to talk, say something useful and contribute to the team. Make sure that everyone is included and try to find the solution within the 15/20mins they give you.

After this stage it looked like 50 out of 80 passed.

Stage 2 (HR/TECH INTERVIEW)

This is tough. Not necessarily because they ask very difficult questions, but because they are testing you in every way possible. They can play good cop bad cop, see how you react to certain scenarios and make you doubt yourself over and over again. Make sure you are certain about what you know and only doubt yourself when there's a good chance you are wrong. Show them your thinking process and your determination in joining the airline.

It looked like another 20/30% got cut. We were probably 30/35 at the end of this stage

Stage 3 (SIM)

Short briefing before. Just make sure you have reviewed the profiles already (and practiced 1/2 hours. I recommend Simnest In Budapest)
Already lined up, rwy hdg 5000ft (F/D off). Then some manoeuvres (45* turns, climbs descents etc). A few radial interceptions. Maybe an emergency (could be sick pax or tyre debris, who knows). Then vectors for a raw data ILS. If in doubt, go around, it's never a bad choice. Forgot to mention, it's in the FFS with full motion on.. for a first timer like me I was a bit dizzy.

Around 17 seemed to have passed this stage

Stage 4 (Psychometric tests)

Some logical tests, some easy maths, finding differences, memory, fast adapt, personality test and CRM. Lasts 3/4 hours. You can take as many pauses as you want in between. You get to this stage so tired at some point I couldn't read off the monitor.

Unbelievably within 12 hours almost all of us got news (some were surprisingly rejected at this final stage). I believe in the end 10/12 passed out of 80.
My estimates might be wrong or inaccurate, it's just what I perceived at that time.

Waiting on start date now!

Good luck to all!

Last edited by pilot4life98; 26th Nov 2022 at 07:40.