PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Not-so-woke Reds
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2022, 09:42
Chugalug2

Received 229 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by Thoughtful_Flyer
Sorry about the "newspaper" in the link!
No need to be. It has the highest circulation of all UK national dailies, over 920,000 at the last count. Unless of course you mean that the approx. 1M readers of it are greatly in error in doing so. In which case that is a personal opinion only and might be held equally by others of a different political persuasion to you about less successful papers. This default apology for links to the Daily Mail is becoming rather irritating. Either we apologise for every media link here or for none. If you want to link then do so. No need for an accompanying apology. If that's too much to ask, then don't post the link. Simples!

Oh, to avoid the wrath of the mods I'd better say something re the thread OP. My thoughts on the Reds are that they are an indulgence we can no longer afford. They should man the front-line squadrons or train others to do so. Some of the sentiments expressed here have been full of hubris and disdain for those of us who aren't/weren't FJ pilots. We are accused of jealousy and having a chip on our shoulders. More likely a case of pot calling kettle black I would suggest. We should all be concerned with what is best for the Royal Air Force and UK Air Power. I know I am.