PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2022, 07:36
whitsunday

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rithfung
OH MY GOD I thought this is wannabes forum, not wannabes gatekeeping/criticizing forum.

Chloe just ask a simple question, you either answer her and let her know why 4 is basic requirment, or keep you opinion to your self, but I guess it's a bit hard for you isn't it?
There is no rule here that says when a member raised a question, other members have to either respond or contribute to that question. There is also no specific rule that says a member cannot inject his or her opinion after a question being raised. This is an open forum, not a court hearing. Each member is entitled to his or her opinion and other members can decide whether or not they want to respond and carry on with the discussion, as long as the comment does not violate the terms set by Moderators. Your comment like this shows nothing but a lack of maturity and a common sense. Your view about free speech can't stop me wondering whether you are in line with CCP, as other people might say, "Blue"

Since you think I was criticizing on a specific member in my previous post which I did not, I was purely directing my message to flying_melony as we were discussing on issue that relates to the current standard and tactics, now I can say this. As a job seeker, you are supposed to read carefully on the job advertisement and pay careful attention on the requirement. That's your job. On the Job Advertisement under the requirement section, it says and I quote "Achieve ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization) English Language Proficiency level 4 or above". The key words, "level 4 OR ABOVE". Plain and simple. Okay. Let's say you are lazy, you didn't read anything on a JD. There is a free dictionary on your computer and in your palm where you can access 24/7. People use it to buy things, shop for clothes, book hotels, find their next vacation spots so on and so forth. Even my 68-year-old granny knows how to use google search. So don’t give me baloney. The fact that this member chose to come here without researching tells me how serious this person is to the job, and quite frankly, with this kind of spoon-fed attitude, he or she has no place in the cockpit, let alone about succeeding in life.
And for the record I have my ICAO level 5 at 2019, and I studied for 6 years for the interview and even got into final interview pre-covid, however I don't have tons of money to put me throught flight school for 20 hrs. nor I can abandon my parents and go to flight school somewhere else, yet I still got and hour on trial flight, did a ground school GFPT done, am I among those sub-standard to you? Because I don't have connection and/or money?

When I said perviously less privilege one I mean EXACTLY this. You don't know what other people go throught, so please don't judge other people too early and harshly.
You have completely misinterpreted my posts. I was questioning on the selection process hence the standard, nothing more.

Also Chloe, ICAO 4 is basic minimum for ATPL (Airline Transport Pilot Licence), so I don't think less then 3 gonna cut it. Beside english is international flight language mean your life depends on it when you are in the air, so maybe try to improve your english before consider further.
Based on your statement, folks who have no interest in getting ATPL do not need to be certified ICAO 4 is that what you are saying? And you have gone to a flight school? Please get your fact straight if you want to help.